The health and safety of our farmers, employees, and partners is our highest priority.
After careful consideration, and in light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments in Vryburg, we are postponing the Farmers Day and bull give-away to the last term of 2021. Rescheduling the event will enable us to provide the experience that our farmers, partners, and employees expect and deserve in a safe environment.
The latest information will always be available at www.braford.co.za.
We look forward to meeting with you later this year. Until then, stay safe and healthy!
SA Braford Council
Do you like the sound of owning a Braford bull for one year? Join us at our Braford Farmers Day in Vryburg!
Date – Wednesday, 2 June 2021
- Time – 10:00 to 14:00
- Venue – Vryburg Show Grounds
We’ll be giving four Braford stud bulls to four lucky farmers. Farmers need to qualify for the competition – see details below.
ENTRANCE FEE – FREE
APPLICATION OF MODERN SELECTION METHODS FOR THE COMMERCIAL FARMER
- Crossbreeding and where the Braford fits into crossbreeding programs (by prof. Frikkie Neser)
- Creating an inclusive livestock industry. The contribution that the emerging sector can make to your bull sales (by dr. Linky Makgahlela)
- Modern breeding principles (by dr. Michael Bradfield)
10h00-10h10 Opening and welcoming (by Jan Meaker, President SA Braford)
10h10-10h35 Creating an inclusive livestock industry. The contribution that the emerging sector can make to your bull sales (by dr. Linky Makgahlela)
10h40-11h10 Crossbreeding and where the Braford fits into crossbreeding programs (by prof. Frikkie Neser)
11h15-11h45 Modern breeding principles (by dr. Michael Bradfield)
11h45-12h00 Panel discussion
12h00-14h00 Practical demonstrations
- Bull and cow selection as well as the use of modern breeding principles (by Flaf Lauwrens)
- Ultrasonic scanning and the selection of bulls (by Jurgen Hendriks)
Traveling from far? Accommodation is available at Lavender Lodge.
Do you qualify to stand a chance to win a Braford bull for one year?
- Will you be attending the Farmers Day on 2 June, Vryburg Show Grounds?
- Will you be able to transport the bull on 2 June?
- Are you a commercial farmer?
- Do you have a cowherd of at least 20 females?
- Are you willing to share photos and information about the bull and his journey during his one year on your farm?
- Will you share photos and the progress of his progeny once they have arrived?
- Are you based in South Africa?
- Can you give motivation as to why you should receive a bull?
Submit the following in your e-mail:
- This form, completed in full (2 pages).
- Photos of the females you intend to use the bull on, maximum of 5 photos. Group photos or individual.