Do you like the sound of owning a Braford bull for one year? Join us at our Braford Farmers Day in Vryburg this March!
- Date – Wednesday, 17 March 2021
- Time – 10:00 to 13:00
- Venue – Vryburg Show Grounds
We’ll be giving four Braford stud bulls to four lucky farmers. Farmers need to qualify for the competition – see details below.
ENTRANCE FEE – FREE
APPLICATION OF MODERN SELECTION METHODS FOR THE COMMERCIAL FARMER
- Crossbreeding and where the Braford fits into crossbreeding programs (by prof. Frikkie Neser)
- The ideal cow size: It’s about profit per hectare (by prof. Frikkie Neser)
- Set your breeding goals properly (by Johan Styger)
- Modern breeding principles (by dr. Michael Bradfield)
10h00-10h10 Opening and welcoming
10h00-10h30 Set up your breeding goals properly (by Johan Styger)
10h40-11h10 Crossbreeding and where the Braford fits into crossbreeding programs (by prof. Frikkie Neser)
11h15-11h45 Modern breeding principles (by dr. Michael Bradfield)
11h45-12h00 Panel discussion
12h00 Practical demonstrations
- Bull and cow selection as well as the use of modern breeding principles (by Flaf Lauwrens)
- Ultrasonic scanning and the selection of bulls (by Jurgens Hendriks)
Traveling from far? Accommodation is available at Lavender Lodge.
Do you qualify to stand a chance to win a Braford bull for one year?
- Will you be attending the Farmers Day on 17 March, Vryburg Show Grounds?
- Will you be able to transport the bull on 17 March?
- Are you a commercial farmer?
- Do you have a cowherd of at least 20 females?
- Are you willing to share photos and information about the bull and his journey during his one year on your farm?
- Will you share photos and the progress of his progeny once they have arrived?
- Are you based in South Africa?
- Can you give motivation as to why you should receive a bull?
If you said YES to all of the above – enter the competition here!